Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My muscles burn for team fire.

At the dojo they've started this "clan" thing. It's a competition between three teams (called clans), which involves gaining honor points. Honor points can be gained a number of ways, but the easiest way I've learned is to do extra sit ups (100 per honor point) and pushups (50 per honor point.)

After class last night, my clan, fire, decided we needed a few extra honor points. We did 100 pushups. I decided that I needed an extra point, since I've been slacking in the attendance area, so I proceeded to follow that up with 100 sit ups. Now mind you this is on top of the normal class, with sit ups, push ups, squat thrusts, "dippers" and random other things (like swinging around a six foot wooden pole.)

Today, I am sore. Very, very sore.

The awesome part about today was that today is my "late shift" day, so I got an extra hour of sleep, and had time to take a nice, long, hot shower. That helped the muscles a lot.

Unfortunately, it also means that I did not work out this morning. I'm hoping I get it together when I get out of work to at least pound out a half hour of something, but I'm not optimistic.

This new fitness commitment is not going well.

1 comment:

Cheryl Chamberlain said...

don't sell yourself short.. you can do it! being sore from a workout isn't fun, so if you skip a day, don't beat yourself up about it. get back on track once you loosen up a bit!

Tracking Transformation: Where I stand now