Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Trying to find my way back on track.

This week has started out alright, I managed a solid run yesterday, along with a decent strength set. I stepped it up a bit too much during the run, however, and started to burn out half way through. Today I am pleasantly sore and feel like I actually did something yesterday.

One of my biggest problems with training is a lack of patience. When I start a run, I feel like I'm not working hard enough, so I step it up too much, and leave myself nothing in the tank for the end of the run. It's very hard for me to gauge how fast I should be running at the start of a run.

Most of my time right now is spent sitting in front of a computer. I'm spending about 90% of my time in this chair right now, so it's very hard for me to make myself sit back down to check blogs and grow my online presence. My zest for being part of the blogging community is being co-opted by my desire to get up from the computer and do something. So apologies for not commenting enough on everyone's blogs. I'm still reading, if sporadically.

2 comments:

Casey said...

Run at a pace that you are able to hold a conversation at. That's what they say, anyway. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I've been sporadic too! It's all good m'dear.

Hope you can manage to get in the activity that you want. A trick I use is to stand up at the computer rather than sit down- it counts for a little bit when you're stuck in front of it for hours at a time.

- Sagan

Tracking Transformation: Where I stand now