Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Working on finding my pace again

Yesterday's run was difficult. I was tired to begin with, and I could feel it as soon as I stepped on the treadmill. It was just about all I could do to keep myself running for the full 20 minutes. I even had to drop my pace a few times to give myself time to recover.

After getting off the treadmill, I did some stretching, a short stint of ab work, and my new short strength routine. I've been doing a mini circuit of hammer curl/shoulder presses, then french presses, then squats. I had been doing three rounds with 10lb. weights for the arms, doing sets of 15 reps, however I closest weight I could find was 12.7lbs, so I scaled back to doing 8 reps on the arms (still 15 on the squats), and I could barely do the last set.

I'm really hoping to get to the gym more often this week, to start to build up some more positive momentum. I want to get back to where I'm going to the gym more often than not. I want to start improving my fitness again, instead of either spinning my wheels or backsliding.

I want to do the 100 push-up and 100 sit-up challenges. I want to get myself back to training for a 5k. I want to start working on being able to do pull-ups again. So many things I want to work towards.

1 comment:

carla said...

I want I want I want.
girl I so know that.

Im working to find what is, for me, I WILL and leave the I wants on my to do list.

Tracking Transformation: Where I stand now