Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Headed back to the big city

After around three weeks of hanging around western NY, I'm on the bus back to NYC. I have seriously mixed emotions about it.

I am thrilled to be headed home, ready to get back to my normal routine, my gym, my healthy diet, and most importantly my S.O. (he headed back to NYC over a week ago.)

I am sad, however, to be leaving behind a job that didn't feel like work, my family (and include my S.O.'s family in that), many good friends (a few of whom I didn't even get a chance to see), and a consistent running schedule with the best running buddy ever.

While I was in town I ran more often than not. Starting last wednesday, I ran every day except Sunday. I have my running buddy to thank for that. I also have her to thank for a dramatic increase in my stamina. 2 mile runs (with a walk break in the middle) became the standard at the end. Before my 2 milers included the distance gained in the 5 min warm up and 5 min cool down. With the magic of my running buddie's awesome GPS watch, the distace tracked was only the distance was ran.

Also, after running along lakefronts, forest paths, the canal and getting to run with Dogs keeping us company, running on a treadmil is going to be very boring.

No comments:

Tracking Transformation: Where I stand now