Thursday, December 3, 2009

Taking this seriously again.

Yesterday I ran at the gym for the first time in a long time. For a while, me and the S.O. haven't been able to schedule in Gym Time. All of my exercise has come in the form of videos, mostly yoga at that. Needless to say, while I am definitely more flexible, my endurance has suffered greatly.

In a 20 minute run, I required two 30 second walk breaks. I was only running at a pace of 5.0. With a two minute warm up and a five minute cool down, I still did not break two miles (I hit 1.91 miles.)

I could blame the soreness in my entire core area from the Yoga/Pilates fusion video from Crunch that I had done the day before. I'm sure that had something to do with it. However I know the reality is that I haven't been running, and it's going to take me some time to build back up to where I was before.

I need to take this all more seriously. I've been slacking majorly, and it shows. In addition to being lax with my workout schedule, I've been eating poorly. I haven't gone back to my Double Bacon Cheese Burgers with a side of fries, but there have been a few McMeals in there.

I did a gentile yoga practice today, enough to stretch out the aching muscles in my core, but that's it for today. Need to rest up. Running again tomorrow.

2 comments:

Casey said...

a run is a run, so even tho you walked, you did it! also, congrats on your weight loss!

Cheryl Chamberlain said...

sometimes it's hard to work through soreness, but in the end, you get through it and press on! doesn't matter where you get your exercise, as long as you get it in! great job!

Tracking Transformation: Where I stand now