Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Reassesing the deatails of my plan

The reduction of calories is going well, I've managed to stay within my new lower caloric budget for the past two days, and I'm seeing results. I'm thinking a good plan would be to alternate weeks. Week one would be with the lower caloric budget and week two would have a slightly higher caloric budget.

Yesterday at the gym I did a HIIT session on the elliptical machines. I forgot how much those work my glutes. I also managed to finish out that last set on the assisted pull up machine, so Thursday the weight drops for another set. I'll be doing one set with an assist of 80 and two at 70. Yay for progress!

I've also been reviewing my fitness and weight loss goals and reassessing my progress. I have two hard dates in my mind that I want to make significant progress by. First is my birthday at the end of May, and the second is my Cousin's wedding in September. It would be nice to be able to wear sexy summer clothes this year, like shorts for instance, without feeling completely self conscious.

I'm still gearing up for the MS Walk in April. I havn't decided yet if I'll do the shorter 3 mile route or push for the longer 6 mile route. I've also decided that I'm going to "sell" link pimpage. Anyone who donates to my team will get a link to their blog in a future post. Hmmm Maybe I should do a contest too...what do you think?

What's got you moving this week?
Meg

2 comments:

Cheryl Chamberlain said...

the two pounds i lost has me motivated for this week. i went over my calorie count and saw the 1/2 lb gain, and it was a smack in the face, because yesterday i KNEW i was going over, and sure enough, it showed on the scale.

i actually find it a bit easier at big events to keep my calories in check, as i focus more on conversation, dancing, and walking around than eating.

Anonymous said...

That's a really interesting idea about the 2 week period for amounts of calories. I look forward to hearing how it works for you!

- Sagan

Tracking Transformation: Where I stand now