Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Running with a Bounce in my step

Yesterday was my second time running in the new shoes, and I think I can officially say that I am in love with my shoes. They feel weightless and supportive and my feet and legs thank me. I'm up to a 5.5 on the tread mill (with my customary 'last two minute' interval of doom.) True, I'm only really running for 25 minutes at this point, but by the end of those 25 minutes I'm really tired.

I also started doing the two hundred sit up challenge. My initial test suggested I start at week 3, so I did. It seemed to be a good starting point, tough, but not impossible to finish. Hopefully I'll get myself through all three days this week.

I'm not doing the hundred push up challenge right now, because I'm focusing on doing pull ups. I'm unfortunately stuck at the level I'm at right now, I do two sets with the Gravitron taking 80 lbs, and then I can get mostly through the third set with the Gravitron taking 70 lbs. I still havn't managed to finish that last set strait through. I have to take a break around rep 6.

Today I'm sore in most places, and grateful that today is a "resting active" day, Wednesday is Belly Dancing Day! Oh Belly Dancing is exercise, yes, mostly working my core, and a bit of legs and arms, but nothing so exhausting as running! I am, however, noticing a strange trend with the Belly Dancing. The better I get at it, the harder it works my body.

Anyone else ever find an exercise like that?
Meg

4 comments:

Cheryl Chamberlain said...

i'm a Shaun T junkie myself. his Hip Hop Abs and Rockin Body series DVDs get me pumped. the more i do it, the more pronounced i make the moves, the more sharp my movements, the higher i hop and bounce, so i definitely feel i'm getting more of a workout. if anything, it's maintaining what i've already done too!!

any bellydancing dvd's you can recommend? cuz some i've looked at just got awful reviews from ppl that purchased them.

Mary :: A Merry Life said...

Belly Dancing sounds soo fun! Im going to have to try it.

Spring Girl said...

Oh I'm so jealous! I keep meaning to try belly dancing but I haven't got there yet.

carla said...

Im a WEIGHT LIFTER WITH BOUNCE IN MY CURLS :)

so so get that.

Tracking Transformation: Where I stand now