Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I'm trying to stay positive

I'm so frustrated right now. I feel like most of my life is conspiring to keep me from reaching my weight loss goals. I try and eat healthy, and I try to work out and stay active, and yet, I'm still not loosing weight. I really don't want to resort to cutting my calories drastically, and I really don't have time to go to the gym more than I do, but I have to do something.

A friend posted pictures taken at my 30th Birthday Party back in May. I had lost weight by then, from my original weigh in of 178. I was down to around 160, which coincidentally is about where I'm stuck now. ( I'm at 157.8 lbs )

It was all I could do just to not burst out crying at those pictures. I look chubby, chunky, out of shape, fat, horrible. I put a picture down at the bottom left side of the page for reference...the best of the bunch.

And I know that's just how I would look if those pictures were taken today instead of back in May.

Two months and no progress. Two months and I still haven't had to go another notch in on my belt, and my clothes still don't fit well.

I'm going to start using a food diary asap. Maybe that will help me determine where my calories are coming from. I'm going to start trying to add in extra workouts somewhere. I just don't know where...between trying to move, my job and my freelance work, I honestly don't know where I can find more time, unless I give up some sleep. And I'm kinda attached to sleep.

Hopefully the food diary will help. Otherwise I'm out of ideas.
-Meg

1 comment:

Penny said...

Don't despair! You've been doing so well, especially with your workouts. Maybe concentrate on one area (like starting a food journal) to start with and see how you get on? You can add extra workouts in later if it's still not working... or maybe change your workouts about so you're doing more high intensity stuff.

But I can tell how you feel - that's EXACTLY how I get when I get impatient with it and think that NOTHING is working therefore I must overhaul EVERYTHING, and then I just give up.

Slow and steady wins the race. I know it's frustrating, but that's how it stays off.

AND it's quite possible that you're gaining muscle too, don't forget.

TA x

Tracking Transformation: Where I stand now