I continued my every other day schedule yesterday, which was something of an accomplishment, as I had to go to the gym without the motivation of my S.O. and with the full knowledge that I would be going to the gym the next day (today) as well. Normally those two things would combine to give me enough excuse to put off a gym trip, but I was determined and so I went. I'm considering it my "bonus" work out for the week, since I didn't do my full strength set, I only did my crunches. I put off the strength training till today, to give my muscles an extra day to rest.
Sooo....I got tagged with a Meme....
I want to thank Miche at http://lastjourneydown.blogspot.com/, who tagged me.
Here are the Rules:
1. Link to my tagger and list all these rules in my blog.
2. Share seven facts about myself right here, some random, some weird.
3. Tag seven people at the end of my post by including links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Here we are:
1. I knit, like a fiend. I knit on the subway, I knit in coffee shops, and I knit when I'm watching tv. I say I knit so I don't kill people. ^_^
2. My favorite color is purple. I resisted this fact for most of my teenage years (during which I would emphatically claim black as my favorite color - so very goth) mostly because purple is also my mothers favorite color.
3. My mother has Multiple Sclerosis, and is wheelchair bound. This has affected my life in a lot of ways, since she was diagnosed when I was eight. M.S. is a horrible disease that steals your loved ones from you bit by bit.
4. I am a fan of the Buffalo Bills. I never used to care about football until we moved down to NYC and I was brought along with my S.O. to a bar that was run by a Buffalo native, that shows the Bill's games every sunday. On Sunday it is packed with people from Western NY, cheering and booing. I'm now hooked.
5. I have studied several forms of Martial Arts, and as soon as I have the money again I intend to find myself a new Dojo to study at again. I have a green belt in Isshin-ruy, and a Purple belt in Kempo. I briefly studied Kung-fu, and have learned a bit of a blend of Aiki and Judo. I think I'm leaning towards the more circular styles this time around.
6. I have lived on both coasts. I spent a year and a half living in San Jose back around 2000/2001. I had spent the previous summer living in Mountain View (also in the bay area), and while I miss Cali terribly sometimes, I have come to realize I am an east coast girl at heart.
7. And to make this fitness related: I am a recent convert to running. A year ago my favorite saying was "I only run when chased." Now I've come to love the way my mind can relax when I run, and the way my body actually feels like I worked it when I'm done.
Now I'm not a big one on tagging people for these things...so instead I'm going to change it up a bit. If you want to participate in this meme, tag yourself! Leave a comment saying you're doing it, so I know to come look and see what you've said!