Thursday, December 4, 2008

Fitness Gear Cravings

Yesterday was my first day back at the gym after Thanksgiving (which had resulted in almost a week away from the gym) and boy did I feel it. I pushed myself hard and got in a solid workout with a little extra, but my body isn't too happy about it today.

Since the major gift giving holiday is coming up, relatives and friends alike have been asking me what I want them to spend money to give me. This resulted in me looking long and hard at what I would like to have with me at the gym that I don't have.

So here are a few things that I would think would make any fitness buffs Christmas:

Sherpani Blaze Sports Duffel : Has lots of room for everything you need to carry, and looks darn good too.

Sigg water bottles : Awesome reusable water carriers with cool interesting designs.

Adidas Adissage Slides : Because the shower floor at the gym is icky, and you might as well get a foot rub while you walk!

Garmin Forerunner 50 : It's like a pedometer and heart rate monitor and exercise tracker and sports watch all in one sleek little package. Covet.

Lucy Art Hoodies : I have one. I covet it. Perfect for throwing on over your workout gear to keep out the chills.

Iris Sports Top : perfect fit, perfect support. Again, I have one and I covet it.

Now I know I haven't put any actual workout equipment or videos or anything in that list. The reasons are a) I don't want to recommend anything I haven't tried, and I really haven't tried out many things outside the gym and b) What equipment and/or videos you choose tends to be a very personal choice.

I would however like to make a special note that everyone should get a Wii and Wii Fit. Just because they're fun, and any way to make movement fun is a bonus!

What's making your list this year?
-Meg

No comments:

Tracking Transformation: Where I stand now