Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Motivational!

I upped my run time yesterday, so I'm finally running for a full half hour. I do a two minute warm up, run for half an hour, then a five minute cool down. I had to drop my run speed down a bit, but not by too much. I'll spend the next couple of weeks working on getting my run speed back up at this time.

One huge motivational boost I got this morning was realizing I'm loosing weight again! I havn't lost all the weight I regained during my last "bounce", but I'm moving in a positive (negative?) direction once again.

Since it's a perennial issue for me, and I believe many other people, I've compiled a short list of links regarding motivation:

Beyond the Challenge written for followers of Discovery Health's National Body Challenge, this short article shares a few good bullet points on keeping your motivation going.

Better than Nothin': Create micro goals for higher long term success - The always amazing and inspiring Steph over at Back In Skinny Jeans gives us a new way to structure our goals to help us accomplish more.

How to Keep Your New Year's Resolutions - Crabby of the imfamous Cranky Fitness posted this amusing and helpful list of ways to keep your New years resolutions intact (yes, I'm still going to mention those resolutions, all. year. long.)

Re-Motivating: When it Just Ain't Happening - Yet another great post from Crabby at Cranky Fitness about getting your motivational mojo back. You know what. Just read Cranky Fitness. All of it's good.

Insta-Motivation : Quotes to keep you going in the gym - An inspiring list of quotes compiled by the writers over at Women's Health Magazine, there's almost certainly something in there for you to post up on your mirror.

Where do you turn for some extra Motivation?
-Meg

3 comments:

Every Gym's Nightmare said...

great links!

blogs actually motivate me a lot. reading about someone that didnt want to twork out but did it anyway makes it that much harder for me to rationalize skipping a workout

Kelly Turner
www.everygymsnightmare.com

Chubby Chick said...

Sounds like you are doing great! Keep up the good work!

And thanks for the links. :)

Anonymous said...

Love Cranky Fitness and Back in Skinny Jeans!

Good for you on the running, that's really exciting. Keep up that motivation!

- Sagan

Tracking Transformation: Where I stand now