Monday, February 2, 2009

Feeling the burn again

I finally found an exercise that gives me that familiar sore-the-next-day pain again. I had been slacking on the arm exercises, so on Saturday after my run I decided to pony up to the Gravitron again and see how much strength I'd lost. I could only manage two sets of 5 pull ups with the Gravitron taking 100 lbs of my weight. Uft. What a set back! But I do have that sore feeling in my arms, even today, so I know I'm heading in the right direction again.

I've also upped my running time again, I'm back up to 25 minutes of all out running with a five minute warm up and five minute cool down. I'm also running an 11 1/2 minute mile. I'm totally beat by the end of that run though. I'm going to give it another week and then see about pushing it up to a full half hour at this pace.

I think that after a long time of sitting at this fitness level, I may finally be getting myself back on the path and stepping it up again.

How was your weekend?
-Meg

1 comment:

Sabs said...

Bet you will have a nice loss this week!

Tracking Transformation: Where I stand now