Friday, April 10, 2009

In need of some supplement advice

One of the many hurdles I've had to overcome to continue my fitness journey is my weak immune system. Recently at least it seems that I get sick easy, and once I'm sick I'm usually sick for three or four days minimum, most times around a week. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. It's keeping me from doing what I want to do, and from achieving my goals.

So, I'm going to add in supplements to my regimen. I take a daily multivitamin, and a vitamin D supplement already. I need advice. What supplements, or foods, would you suggest I add to my diet?

Meg

3 comments:

Cheryl Chamberlain said...

I recommend getting a blood test done and see where exactly your deficiencies are. Between your doctor and a dietician, they'll be able to pin point what you need, and give you food choices as well as suggestions for supplements.

Vitamin D and calcium are always great working together, but a big plus one is Omega 3's.. a fish oil supplement.

Check a store like GNC where they have wonderful women's daily packs that are specific for certain types of women's needs for about a dollar a day. One day I spent about 1/2 hr just reading all the different packs and seeing which one was taylored to my needs.

Becky Fyfe said...

Defintely add some Vitamin C, even if just by eating more vitamin c-rich fruit.

Hope you feel better soon!

fattygetsfit said...

Get a blood test done ASAP!! I found out I was low in vitamin b12 and when I started taking the supplements, I stopped being depressed and exhausted. My b12 deficiency was easily remedied and I felt a lot better overall.

Tracking Transformation: Where I stand now