Friday, October 3, 2008

Keeping pace

Got myself to the gym just fine yesterday. Did a 15 minute run on the treadmill. I'm keeping the runs short for now, trying to avoid a repeat of the ankle incident. Although I've adjusted the way I run, landing mid foot instead of on my toes, and that seems to have fixed the problem.

I did my strength training and realized I was too tired for the H.I.I.T. session, so I'll just have to go this weekend to make up for it.

There was one of those moments today where you realize something is a total fluke, and will adjust itself later on, but some part of you really hopes that it's somehow not. I stepped on the scale and the numbers blinking up at me? 147.6. Seeing as that would be over a pound drop since yesterday, I know it's most likely going to come back by tomorrow, but still, it'd be nice if it didn't!

This week is all off kilter due mainly to me having to work an extra day this week (yay for giving up my Friday night) to cover someone going on vacation. The extra money in my paycheck will be good, and much needed, but the extra time at work, and the extra stress, is definitely not something I need.

Ah well. I'm off to work. Hopefully the mental wellness will catch up to the physical fitness soon!

-Meg

1 comment:

carla said...

how was the weekend? did your bod demand more rest or did you end up HITTing it?

Miz.

Tracking Transformation: Where I stand now